You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated in July 2019 in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our Privacy Promise
Transparency We will always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and how we use it. We only share your data with trusted partners where you have given permission and will never sell your data.
Secure We are committed to always follow industry best practices to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. We protect the confidentiality, accuracy and availability of the information we collect about you.
Control We will always give you control over the marketing you receive from us. You can choose the types of messages you receive and whether you want to stop receiving marketing communications.
Information we may collect about you
- Personal and contact information including email address. We may collect some of the contact information when you interact with us via our ‘Eligibility check’ and ‘Enquiry forms’ through the website.
- Demographic information such postcode, preferences and interests.
- Details (and copies) of your communications and interactions with us via email campaigns or otherwise, including by email and telephone, the website enquiry forms or through social media channels.
- Information about how you use our website, and which websites you came to our website from.
- Technical information about your device or browser when you use our website, including geolocation data to determine what country you are accessing our website from, your internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type and version and time zone setting, which may in some circumstances be personal data via Google Analytics.
- We may also receive personal data directly from you or from various third parties and public sources.
Your Financial Information
Intelligent Connections will not share or store any of your financial information to any third parties. Financial information is only stored when completing a R&D Tax Credit form.
How and why we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and to better provide solutions to support your business, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will regularly seek your consent to find out if you still wish to receive our communications. You can opt out at any stage by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
It is sometimes necessary for us to process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you through the R&D Tax Credit tool, or to satisfy a contractual requirement or to comply with a statutory requirement. In those circumstances, if you do not provide the personal data we require, we will be unable to provide our services to you in full.
Communicating with you
We use the personal and contact information provided by you, copies of your communications with us and, in some circumstances, transaction details, to manage our relationship with you. For example: Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
- to communicate with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have including by email, whether relating to any projects that you have carried out with us or otherwise. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated).
We use your personal data to create aggregated data sets. You are not identifiable from that aggregated data and it is not considered personal data.
How we use your personal data for direct marketing
We send you marketing communications through a number of different channels. You will receive direct marketing by email if you have completed an eligibility check through our website, have completed an enquiry form, have previously engaged in marketing communications and have either consented to receive such email marketing during programme registration, and/or have not asked us to stop sending direct marketing by email to you.
How to opt out of direct marketing
You can opt out from receiving direct marketing communications and notifications from us at any time. There are several ways you can do this:
stop receiving marketing by email, either:
- click ‘unsubscribe’ in any email communication we send you; or
- contact us directly to ask to be removed from communication to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can update your marketing preferences at any point and amend the way we communicate to you. Please note that our systems may take up to 72 hours to update after changing your preferences.
Sharing your information with our partners
We may share your data with our partners, this will include details about the businesses we have supported in our partner regions.
We sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
- Online survey companies and market research agencies – to undertake surveys (including for example, our programme satisfaction survey) and other market research and to analyse the results.
- Digital analytics companies – for the purposes of website analytics and reporting in respect of our analytics and marketing.
- Public relations agencies – for the purposes of managing external communications about us and our clients.
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our websites are hosted by an external website developer who ensures the sites are clean. Intelligent Connections website have been updated with SSL protection from simple HTML to support with security.
How long we keep your personal data
Clients that have signed up to the R&D Tax Credit tool, delivered by Intelligent Connections as a minimum, all documents must be retained for two years after the final expenditure for the completed project is included.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing. To do so, update your Email preferences.
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you.
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of that information to be restricted; and
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for data portability.
By post to:
Oxford Centre for Innovation
By email to:
In order to request a copy of the personal data that Intelligent Connections holds about you, please send your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the above address. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
- your full name;
- the email address registered to your account;
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range;
- the date of the request.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Data Protection Officer by email in the first instance.